Monday, April 1, 2013

Fitness Goals Update

A few weeks ago, I posted my current strength training workout and a few fitness goals. Since then, I've had fun exploring yoga through an Instagram challenge (there are 2 more I'm committing to this month!),but I've had a hard time fitting in the strength workouts that I would like to do. Of course, there are always excuses for not doing something, but I also have to consider my priorities. Tops on my list is taking care of myself so that I can also take care of and enjoy my family. I'm still working on finding the balance of workouts and rest that leaves me feeling great and with plenty of energy for all the other areas of life too. My current schedule includes 2 Turbo Kick classes and 3 PiYo classes each week, and I usually end up subbing a few times each month on top of my regular classes. The goal of including 2-3 strength workouts still stands, as does focusing on increasing my yoga practice (I can see myself pursuing yoga teacher training in the future). As the weather warms up, I'll be spending plenty of time playing outside with my children (translation: chasing, climbing, sliding, etc...), so that will contribute to my overall activity level as well. It's important to have goals to work toward, but not if they are to the detriment of other areas of life. That's why I'm revisiting my previously stated goals and renewing them while keeping my top priorities in mind. Always a work in progress!

In closing, here's a favorite Instagram-inspired photo I took last week:


2 comments:

  1. I think the yoga you're doing, combined with PiYo is a pretty dang good strength regimen. I tried doing that, and adding weights in 2-3 times a week, and ended up injured. I think you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I'm still working to fi d the right balance and am excited because I'm going to work with Jerome doing some yoga/TRX strength. Should be fun!

      Delete