Friday, July 5, 2013

Touching Lives

One of my regular class participants recently commented to me about how we sometimes touch the lives of people we come into contact with in a meaningful way without ever realizing it and how seeing the familiar faces in class and taking in the energy and encouragement of the instructors can be really powerful. It meant a lot to me to get this feedback from a participant (who I also consider a friend) and it also served as a reminder of how we do impact others' lives on a daily basis. Its our choice whether that impact will be positive or negative. My goal is that I will touch people in positive ways, big or small, each and every day. A big part of that is the energy I bring into my group fitness classes, but it extends further too. I think about the cashier at the grocery store, or other parents I see at the playground and how a friendly smile or quick exchange of "Hello, how are you? Have a great day!" might add a little light to their day - whether they need it or not! Sometimes it can be hard to get out of my own head when there's a lot going on and I might be in a bad mood, but the thought of lifting another up in even the slightest way almost always helps bring me back to my ultimate goal of helping others.
Crazy face, as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment