Monday, July 1, 2013

Vanilla Shakeology Overnight Oats

Base ingredients for Shakeology Overnight Oats
I keep hearing about/seeing pictures for "overnight oats"...oatmeal that requires NO COOKING!  Yipee! It's something I've been wanting to try and thought that the new Vanilla Shakeology would be a great addition for my first try. I looked up a few recipes to get an idea of a good ratio of dry to wet ingredients and here's what I ended up with:

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
3/4-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (use more or less depending on the texture you like)

With peanut butter and almonds on top

Mix the oats, Shakeology, and almond milk together in a container with a lid and place in refrigerator before you go to bed. When you're ready to eat in the morning, remove your oats from the fridge and top with your desired toppings. I chose natural peanut butter and sliced almonds, but the possibilities are endless. Chopped fruit and nuts, granola and a dollop of yogurt, any type of nut butter. I'm excited to try this with Chocolate Shakeology as well. Nothing like having dessert for breakfast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment